Category:Isis / Slang
This page is being discussed.
The [Interactive Spectral Interpretation System (ISIS)] was developed at MIT for the analysis of X-ray spectra.
Note that this page was just copy-pasted from the old wiki. This is only a short list of instructions that will be available. I do not think that a full list of all instructions should go here for the new wiki, I'm trying to find another solution for that (Matthias: What about looking at the content of the category below?) In the end, I think only the instructions to get isis running and first steps should be here (Matthias: I disagree because category pages (like this) are not considered during searches! That's why I have created pages with the "ISIS history file" and "ISISscripts" separately). I will move all the advanced stuff like defining models, timing tools, etc. somewhere else.
- Introduction for the bachelor students
- ISIS Tutorial (X-ray astronomy lecture 2012)
- Plotting with the S-Lang Xfig module, instructions and examples
- Define your own models in ISIS
- Questions and Answers
- README file for using/.../changing the ISISscripts
- Use timing tools with ISIS
- Parallel Error Calculation using MPI and SLmpi
- fake an observation with isis
- fit a curve to a 2D data set via parameterized polynomials
- Simultaneous Fits of a large number of observations
- fitting equivalent widths directly
- emcee - the Markov-Chain-Monte-Carlo hammer
- install on a MAC OS X (10.10 yosemite) - fresh
- Quickly generate a LaTeX table of spectral parameters with uncertainties
S-Lang tips & tricks
- S-Lang modules (function packages)
- writing helps for functions
- functions within structures
- function nesting
- changing qualifiers before passing them on
- speed up code
- passing information to a fit function via metadata
- References to variables
- Name of the calling function
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Isis / Slang"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- Install ISIS on Mac
- ISIS - Defining data dependent models
- ISIS history file
- ISIS introduction for the new bachelor students
- Isis tutorial
- Isis tutorial fitting1
- Isis tutorial gratings
- Isis tutorial installing
- Isis tutorial walkthrough
- Iterating over an array - three different for-loops